11.30.2021

Goats. Goats. And more Goats.

 What a challenging year I have had. But the one thing that keeps me going is babies. lots and lots of babies. Being back in milk is such a calming enterprise. It creates discipline. Time to milk. Time to feed. Time to feed kids. If not feeling well (which at times is the case right now with me) it forces me to work thru it. The animals don't care if you don't feel well. They don't care if you need a nap. They don't care its a holiday. 

The best part of course are the kids being born. And while it is a bunch of work, its the best kind of work. I raise them in the office with me for a few weeks. After disbudding and vaccinating I set them up outside in one of the stalls to grow and have more room to be. 

Simplicity gave me a whopper male just last week. And Fern, my oldest doe here, gave me two simply gorgeous females. I will keep. And raise. They are  the last out of my Delilah. The goat that started it all. 

This is the whoper male i'm calling him Moose. He came out at 12 lbs. a single male. His dam is offering up over a gallon a day. 



This is one of my new females. She is precious. Typical mottled ears. Her sister is all brown with brown ears.  Just adorable. Can't wait to see them grow. Fern is older and this will likely be her last birth. I'm so lucky she gave me two females...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy from Goodness Gracious. Please leave a comment. I do enjoy them. And try to respond to all who post. Thanks for visiting.

Goodness Gracious More...

Related Posts with Thumbnails