3.06.2011

Chicken coop finalized.

Youjust have to love my milk customers. I've said it before, goats introduce you to the most amazing people. Yesterday, one of my handy carpentry talented milk customer came by and finished building for me the part of the coop that was desperately needed. The NEST boxes. :)

It's one of those things that I've been meaning to do. Couldn't figure out. And couldn't really afford to pay someone. Way to go Frank! You're truly awesome. And it's much appreciated. Everyone clamors for eggs when I have them. It was always a hit or miss kind of deal. Catch the chicken laying the eggs before the dogs did. Not anymore.

Chickens weren't too happy this morning when I wouldn't let them out. No more free rides. You lay an egg, you get to come out. Lay that egg and its your free pass to freedom for a few hours.

We'll see how this goes. My hens are spoiled. I might have to buy a few more that don't realize the freedom they just lost. Or happily return to the coop at night.



Frank designed this on the fly. Pretty cool.

2 rows available. Top row is blank for the moment. If needed can add to it.

This morning chickens stood by the door waiting for it to magically open.

Thelma is upset why she wasn't invited to go in.

Side view. Girls are pacing waiting for breakfast.

The disgruntled girls. Sorry girls. not coming out today.

1 comment:

Howdy from Goodness Gracious. Please leave a comment. I do enjoy them. And try to respond to all who post. Thanks for visiting.

Goodness Gracious More...

Related Posts with Thumbnails