6.27.2008

The Princess and the Frog.--with a twist

I just scoured my scrapbook file. This "poem" has been on my fridge for years. But then it got moved to the back of the pile then to the box in the armoire. I just searched for an hour looking for it.

I was reminded by it when reading Bella DePaulo's new blog entry for her Pschology Today column. On Singles. And Singlism. She's really cool. I like her style. Check her out. Plus she has enlightened me in the short time i've been reading her column.

IT's OK to be single...

Today's column has one question about a princess and a prince in role reversal. Well that just sent me on a quest to find this old poem.

I'm sorry i don't know where it came from. or the author. If you do, please let me know because this poem deserves an author.

OK well... It's my all time favorite. Now i understand better why!




once upon a time,
in a land far away,

a beautiful, independent,
self-assured princess
happened upon a frog as she sat
contemplating ecological issues
on the shores of an unpolluted pond
in a verdant meadow near her castle.

The frog hopped into the princess' lap and said:
"Elegant Lady, I was once a handsome prince,
until an evil witch cast a spell upon me.

One kiss from you, however,
and i will turn back into the dapper,
young prince that i am
and then, my sweet,
we can marry
and setup housekeeping
in your castle
with my mother,
where you can prepare my meals,
clean my clothes,
bear my children,
and forever feel grateful
and happy doing so.

That night,
as the princess dined sumptously
on a repast of lightly sauteéd frog legs
seasoned in a white wine and onion cream sauce,
she chuckled and thought to herself:





I don't fucking think so....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy from Goodness Gracious. Please leave a comment. I do enjoy them. And try to respond to all who post. Thanks for visiting.

Goodness Gracious More...

Related Posts with Thumbnails