6.03.2007

Coral Snake



Can you believe it? I saw another one. and iI am starting to get a bit nervous. 2 in one month. I have gone 42 years without ever seeing anything so venomous. Unless it was in a zoo. Its amazing. I followed its path around the house. It almost made a huge circle. I lost it at one point when i ran in the house to get my camera. And to double check on the computer that it truly was one. I never can remember the rhymes. Red and yellow kill a fellow. red and black a friend to jack.... LOL...

This one truly was red and yellow...And to note he was very docile. He only stopped once when i was being a bit stupid and stomped my foot.


I guess the barefoot at midnight walks will be stopping pronto. And i got my muckers out of the closet for my late night strolls.

4 comments:

  1. Oh not good! I'm so glad I live where there are no poisonous snakes.. just spiders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL.. well we have those too. I do believe everytime i see a little brown one, i assume its a recluse..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen a coral snake outside of the zoo. We have more than our share of copperheads around here. I just hate the feeling I get when I spot one in my peripheral vision watching me pick tomatoes or stacking wood. Gives me a major case of willies!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes... i would get the willies too! At least a coral snake will move away from any vibration. I've heard things like copperheads, and moccasins will attack rather than retreat.
    thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete

Howdy from Goodness Gracious. Please leave a comment. I do enjoy them. And try to respond to all who post. Thanks for visiting.

Goodness Gracious More...

Related Posts with Thumbnails