11.23.2006

Happy thanksgiving

I'm staying home today. I am being grateful to all my little critters. They give me such joy that this is what i am most thankful about. So, today is their day.

Starting with Mr. Roo.. aka brewster. He is so funny. and so far hasn't gotten mean. I think he is hysterical. And just love to watch him. He follows the tribe around all day long. Early morning, he descends into the neighbors property. Luckily their dogs are lazy for birds..



Then comes the goats, my samson, delilah and oreo. Who all escaped this morning. I'm sure with the help of iggy... i woke up to them munching the last of the weeds. There is a brazilian pepper tree i keep, they love it... (i know, its invasive, but not if you have goats to chow it down). They love the poison ivy, the balsam apples, even the myrtle...This shot is of oreo. he knows where the best food is...



Then comes my little iggy... what a pain in the butt... he's been sleeping outside as of late. I hope he forgets he used to sleep in my closet. lately, this is all i ever see of him... sleeping in the barn.




And my oliver... he keeps everyone in line. What a good boy. Except this morning i think he bit my kiwi on the nose. She probably deserved it though. And Henrietta, she's roosting on 12 eggs at the moment. Only comes out for a drink and eat periodically....





Then there's my brandy. i really think she has forgotten she is a horse. This morning she was out with the goats, and wanted to be penned with them. I spent 3 hours last night doing nothing but watching them in the dark, eat, mosey and roll and sleep... I don't know why i even have a tv...




and my kiwi... she is so good too. Rambunctious as all get out. but, she's just a baby. Last night as i was grooming her, she turned her head about and started grooming me... She is a big girl now, i let her sleep in the open with brandy. And brandy never moves from her side. Love it. and this pic. Can you see brandy in the shadows?



now who have i forgotten? Oh my two famous talkers.. Rightnow they are battling for who is the loudest.




and last but not least my beebe and ole man...



So there you have it... The reasons for me to celebrate thanksgiving...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy from Goodness Gracious. Please leave a comment. I do enjoy them. And try to respond to all who post. Thanks for visiting.

Goodness Gracious More...

Related Posts with Thumbnails